Opportunity for a paid Facilities Hire and Premises Manager at the Tower Theatre
Preliminary Information and Request for Expression of Interest
The Board of the Tower Theatre is assessing the best way to maximise the benefits of once again having our own home.
The Tower Theatre has a proud tradition of being a volunteer led and managed organisation and the fantastic efforts of so many members to create the new theatre and social space in only six months is testament to this. We will continue to draw on these levels of skill and enthusiasm for everything that we do to make sure that we own our future in Stoke Newington so that is as bright as it promises to be.
However, for the first time in the Company's history, we own our own building outright with space for all our own activities and the potential for much wider use by and in partnership with other organisations which share our ethos.
To this end we want to explore how to generate community and commercial use by appointing a Facilities Hire and Premises Manager.
This will be a six month contract requiring commitment for 21 hours a week. During this time, the post-holder will :
- Ensure all necessary systems and protocols are in place to allow us to maximise effective use of our building.
- Build relationships with local organisations who have already approached us to use the space and research and engage with other potential users. We are in a position to let the space now and the success of this initial period will partly be evaluated on bookings achieved and partly on a report setting out plans for more use going forward.
- Develop marketing materials and web-site content in respect of use of the building by other organisations in order fully to exploit the building's potential.
- Liaise with the Company's Office staff, Artistic Director and Marketing Team as appropriate to ensure external hires and promotional activities are harmonised with the Company's productions and other activities.
- Engage the membership to ensure contacts are maximised.
The post-holder will report to the Board (or its appointed representative). Towards the end of the six month contract the Board will review developments in terms of how the building and its facilities are being used and the associated commercial benefits, and will discuss with the post-holder whether an extension of their contract (potentially with varied hours) may be appropriate.
Person specification :
- Enthusiasm about the Company, the building and its potential within the local community in Stoke Newington and in the wider arts industry.
- Ability to take the initiative to identify new potential users of the building.
- Ability to evaluate the efficiency of how the building is used by the Company and its membership in combination with other potential users.
- Experience in an office/premises management role and in facilities hire required.
If you are interested in this role or would like further information please contact the Tower Office.
At this stage, we are NOT asking for applications; we are just seeking expressions of interest. A formal application process will take place in the New Year, and at that stage there will be further information about pay and conditions of service.