While the theatre is closed, we are pressing ahead with several building projects, which will be finished in the next few weeks.
- The lift installation continues apace. We expect the actual lift to be working this week. Then the work to complete the three lift lobbys can go ahead: plastering, decorating and completing the electrics.
- The shiny new roof over the dressing room and back stage areas has been completed and the air conditioning units replaced. No longer will casts and stage managers wonder if bits of the ceiling are going to fall on their heads when it rains
- We are widening the top flight of the main staircase up to the theatre. This will increase the safe capacity of the theatre and make it faster for audiences to enter and leave the auditorium
Pictures (clockwise from top left)
- Jamie, the lift engineer, taking an inaugural trip on the new lift platform
- Looking up the lift shaft through the roof of the new lift car
- Getting ready to cast the new concrete staircase
- Air conditioning units being re-instated on the new roof