The Tower Theatre takes the health of everyone visiting our building extremely seriously.
We aim to provide a Covid-secure environment and have obtained See it Safely certification from the Society of London Theatre and Good to Go certification from Visit Britain. These national schemes recognise venues that have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have a risk assessment in place and processes to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Measures we have put in place include:
- Reducing capacity by 50%
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting the auditorium between performances
- Installed sneeze screens around the bar, technical box and backstage
- Installed hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the building
- Increased ventilation in the foyer, auditorium and back stage areas
- Introduced capacity restrictions in the toilets
- Using only virtual ticketing
- Using only contactless payments for drinks
We also ask you to help us keep the venue safe by
- Not entering the building if you have any Covid symptoms
- Checking in to the building using the NHS QR code or leaving your name and address. By law this now applies to all individuals and not just group leaders
- Letting us take your temperature
- Wearing a mask when in the building unless you are exempt or while drinking
- Following the direction of stewards while queuing, taking your seats and leaving the building
- Maintaining social distance
We are very grateful to Theatres Trust which has funded much of the new equipment to make the venue Covid-secure.
How will my ticket work?
Every ticket must be purchased in advance. This will allow us to let you enter our venues more easily, minimise the amount of time you may have to queue, and reduce contact with the front of house team.
Will I need a face covering?
We will be ensuring that face coverings are worn. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, we would please ask that you wear an exemption lanyard which can be downloaded here.
What should I bring?
Please keep your belongings to a minimum and with you at all times. We do not offer a cloakroom facility.
Will I be able to buy interval refreshments?
Please check if it is possible to pre-order your interval drinks and ice creams to minimise contact with others. Purchases at the bar will be contactless only.
Will I need to have my temperature checked?
We will be taking temperature checks as you enter the building.
If we assess your temperature is 37.8C or higher, you and those who were to be part of your group of tickets will not be allowed to enter the venue and the face value of your tickets will be refunded or exchanged.
What are the social distancing rules?
At the moment, all theatres are socially distanced. We will be limiting our capacity and ensuring there are two empty seats between each group to keep you separated from other social bubbles.