- This event has passed.
2019 Open Day and Autumn Season Launch
Saturday September 7, 2019 @ 11:00 amFree
The Tower will be opening its doors to give both members and non-members a chance to look around the building and see backstage, have an introduction to our Autumn season of plays and find out what goes in to making a production. During the day we will have excerpts and talks about our Autumn Season plays, performances from Shakespeare a la Carte, the chance to dress up as your favourite character from our costume store, workshops for children, and models, costume designs and photos from past productions.
The bar will be open all day, and there’ll be tea, coffee and home-made cakes on sale and, of course, a raffle!
The detailed timetable for the day is :
In the theatre
- 11.50 – 12.10 : Shakespeare a la Carte : two extracts from Hamlet and one from Macbeth(fresh from the Tower’s recent visit to the British Embassy in Paris)
- 12.10 – 12.40 : Introduction to the Autumn season : find out more about the five plays featured in The Tower’s Autumn season, including teaser trailers, talks, video and a Q & A session
- 1.00 – 2.00 : Family drama workshop – your chance to try out some of the techniques used to bring the Tower’s recent production of The Canterbury Tales to life
- 2.30 – 3.00 : Introduction to the Autumn season : find out more about the five plays featured in The Tower’s Autumn season, including teaser trailers, talks, video and a Q & A session
- 3.00 – 3.30 : Shakespeare a la Carte : extracts from Richard III and from Romeo and Juliet(fresh from the Tower’s recent visit to the British Embassy in Paris)
In the Penny Tuerk Room
- 12 noon onwards : Wardrobe/Dressing up : a chance to try on some of the Tower’s extensive wardrobe collection and dress up as your favourite hero, villain, Shakespearean character …
In the Smith Studio
- All day : The Making of a Production – The Canterbury Tales. A journey through the devising and design of the Tower’s very successful, final production of our first year in our new home
Tours of the building
- Meet by the box office at 11.15, 2.00 or 3.30
The Open Day is free of charge, and families are very, very welcome! Reservations aren’t required, but if you know that you’re coming, RSVP’ing here will help us to get prepared. If you’ve got questions, or would like any more information contact Rosanna Preston.
- Saturday September 7th
- Tower Theatre Company
- Rosanna Preston