We welcome anyone interested in being part of the Tower’s community. With a range of light-touch opportunities for potential volunteers, there’s always something that is perfect to get to know us better and discover if there are more substantive roles that they might want to explore.
For those who would like to get more involved, or support the Tower financially throughout the year, we have a number of subscription offers.
Friend of the Tower Theatre – £20 per year membership
For just £20 a year, anyone can join the Tower as a Friend, and receive the following benefits:
- Discount of £2 on tickets to our shows for an entire year of productions;
- Eligibility to try out for any production listed as an ‘Open Audition'(for more details, see this page);
- Eligibility to try out for the Tower’s acting company (for more details, see this page);
- Eligibility to apply for technical and backstage roles through our production training programme;
- Free admission to Friends Events, including rehearsed readings, tours, workshops, meet-and-greets with actors, directors, and playwrights;
- Upgrade to the internal Company version of our ‘Noises Off’ newsletter with additional updates about the busy business of running a theatre company;
Friends of the Tower also help promote our productions, encourage their social circles to support the organisation, and are encouraged to volunteer to help out in areas that match their interest and availability.
Freinds subscriptions also provide ongoing budgetary support to the organisation to allow it to operate as a creative hub for talent across London, Stoke Newington, and Hackney.
Member of the Tower Theatre – £60 per year membership
For just £60 a year, anyone can apply to join the Tower as a Member, and receive the following additional benefits:
- Eligibility for more substantive volunteer roles (for example, Assistant Artistic Director);
- Eligibility to serve on the Management Committee or Board of Trustees;
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting (AGM);
Membership applications are reviewed and approved monthly by the Board of Trustees, and makes the subscriber a Guarantor of the organisation with voting rights, and including a commitment of not more than £1 should the charity be wound up with debts outstanding. For more about the Tower’s unique history of Guarantors, please see this summary of our history.
A Member’s subscription is open to anyone, whether you want to get more involved in the operation of the theatre, or just would like to financially help to ensure its future. If you’d also like to act with the Tower, you’ll need to attend and pass a Company Audition, after which you’ll be eligible to audition for any of our productions for the following twelve months. For more details, please see our audition page here!
Member subscriptions also provide ongoing budgetary support to the organisation to allow it to operate as a creative hub for talent across London, Stoke Newington, and Hackney.
*Memberships are online products offered by the Tower Theatre Company for a twelve-month period from purchase. Memberships do not automatically renew, and can be managed by the user in their account. Annual memberships are also available for purchase over the phone (no supplemental charge for Friends, however new Members will require an additional £5 processing fee.)